Your fee waiver request must be received and processed BEFORE you e-submit your PTCAS application.
FEE WAIVER OVERVIEW
A limited number of PTCAS application fee waivers are available. Waivers are granted to financially disadvantaged applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis. PTCAS will decide if you qualify for a fee waiver based on your income, or your parent's income if you are claimed as a dependent, as reported on the most recent Federal Income Tax Return. No other documentation is accepted. If you receive a fee waiver, you may apply to one PT program in PTCAS for free. If you choose to apply to more than one (1) program, you will pay a fee of $35 for each additional designation. The PTCAS waiver applies to the PTCAS application fee only. You may still be responsible for supplemental application fees, regardless of your PTCAS waiver status.
To Be Considered for a PTCAS Fee Waiver, You Must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or have refugee/asylum status
- Submit a PTCAS Fee Waiver Request form
- Submit the completed form with a copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return to PTCAS. Submit your parent's Tax Return, if claimed as a dependent
- Do NOT e-submit your application until PTCAS approves or denies your fee waiver request.
- If you e-submit your application prior to notification, PTCAS will automatically deny your fee waiver request
- If you are approved for a PTCAS fee waiver, you must...
- choose the money order option as your form of payment and
- e-submit your completed PTCAS application within 45 business days from the time the fee waiver approval letter is sent or your waiver will expire.
LOW INCOME LEVELS
PTCAS fee waiver is tied to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' poverty level guidelines. The Low-Income levels below equals 200 percent of the DHHS poverty level.
|Persons in Family or Household||48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Alaska||Hawaii|
|For each additional person add||$7,920||$9,900||$9,100|