Arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from EVERY U.S. and Canadian college and university you attended. PTCAS will not verify or forward your application until all official U.S. transcripts, application, and correct fee are received.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM
The transcript request form helps PTCAS to quickly and properly match your official transcripts to your application. If the form is not enclosed with your official transcript, then your application may be delayed in processing.
- Complete the “Colleges and Universities” section first by listing EVERY institution you attended.
- Print the Transcript Request Form (PDF) for each U.S. and Canadian institution you attended.
- Each PTCAS Transcript Request Form is unique to you and each institution.
- Complete each form, including any former or alternate names (e.g., maiden)
- Arrange for your official transcripts to be sent from the registrar to PTCAS with the form enclosed.
- If grades for multiple branches or campuses of an institution appear on one transcript, enter all of these institutions in the “Colleges and Universities” section. It is not necessary to send a transcript matching form for each campus.
- Student-issued transcripts are NOT accepted.
- An official transcript is required from the institution where the course was actually taken.
- Submit transcript to PTCAS even if the course was later accepted as transfer credit by another institution.
- Official transcripts should arrive at PTCAS by the program's deadline.
- PT programs may not consider applications with late transcripts.
- PTCAS does NOT enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your verified application to your designated PT programs even if your transcripts are delayed.
- Use a student-issued transcript to properly enter courses.
- Do NOT use your course record, course schedule, or memory to complete the Coursework section because they may differ from your transcript.
- If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
- PTCAS is not responsible for missed deadlines due to failure to correctly enter coursework or to resubmit the corrected application in a timely manner.
- Send only one transcript for each institution you attended.
- Only one official copy is required, regardless of the number of programs you designate.
- You will receive an email after each transcript is received.
- It is your responsibility to verify that PTCAS received all of your official U.S. transcripts.
- To check the status of your transcripts, log into your application, and click Transcripts in the “Status” menu on the right side of the application checklist
FALL 2012 TRANSCRIPTS
Read instructions on how to submit your updated fall grades and transcripts to PTCAS during the Academic Update.
SPRING AND SUMMER 2013 TRANSCRIPTS
Arrange for your winter, spring, and summer term 2013 transcripts to be sent directly to your designated PT institutions, as required. Do NOT send to PTCAS.
The PTCAS GPAs only include courses completed at U.S. institutions recognized by one or more of the accreditation agencies below. If you attended an institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT submit the transcript to PTCAS or list the school in your application. Contact your designated PT programs directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-accredited institutions to be sent directly to the PT program.
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States (ATS)
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS OFFERED PT ACCEPTANCE
If you accept an offer of admission to a PT degree program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every college/university you have attended directly to the PT program prior to matriculation. PTCAS cannot forward transcripts to a PT program to fulfill this institutional requirement.