Official Transcripts – United States Institutions

Q: Do I have to send an official transcript from every institution I have attended?

A: Yes! PTCAS must receive an official transcript for you from every regionally accredited United States institution you have attended, regardless of whether this information appears as transfer credit on another transcript you had sent or if it was a high school dual enrollment course. You application cannot and will not be processed until all United States transcripts have been received.

Q: Will PTCAS accept issued to student, faxed, or photocopied transcripts?

A: NO. PTCAS only accepts official transcripts sent directly from the registrar’s office. Unofficial, student-issued, and hand-carried transcripts are not accepted.

Q: Does PTCAS accept electronic transcripts?

A. PTCAS Now accepts transcripts sent electronically from Credentials Solutions. To see if your school participates with this service please check this link;

If your school does participate please follow the link below:

Please note: PTCAS will not accept any other form of electronic transcripts other than transcripts sent from Credentials Solutions. If you do not see your school listed on the credentials solutions website above you are required to have your official transcript mailed to PTCAS. Once your transcript has been requested from Credentials Solutions it will take 7-10 business days to post to your application. Important note: utilizing this service will under no circumstance expedite the processing of transcripts. If you do not see your transcript posted to your application within the allotted 10 business days after it was requested please contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed.

Q: Do I have to wait for my transcripts to be received at PTCAS before I can e-submit my application?

A: No. You can and should e-submit your PTCAS application as soon as you are confident that you have completed all sections accurately. PTCAS will accept your transcripts and other materials when they arrive, regardless of whether you have yet e-submitted your application.

Q: How do I print a Transcript Request Form?

A: Please follow these steps to print a Transcript Request Form for each institution you’ve attended:

  1. Login to your application, and select the “Institutions Attended” section. Once you have entered the institutions that you have attended, you’ll find a link for the Transcript Request form to the left of each institution.
  2. Click the button next to each institution to print a Transcript Request form (PDF file). You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the file.
  3. Print and submit the completed Transcript Request form to the Registrar or Records Office at your institution.
  4. Advise the Registrar Office to enclose the Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to PTCAS.

Note: Official transcripts that arrive at PTCAS without the form enclosed may take longer to process. Including your PTCAS ID number as part of the address helps PTCAS match your transcript to your application. (For example, including PTCAS ID 20151200000 on the Address 2 line.)

Q: Can I print one Transcript Request Form and use it for all of my transcripts?

A: No! Each bar-coded Transcript Request Form is unique to you and the institution you entered in the “Institutions Attended” section. When mailing Transcript Request Forms, pay close attention to the name of the institution printed on each form. Transcripts sent without the appropriate Transcript Request Form may delay the processing of your application.

Q: I have transfer credits on my primary transcript. Do I still have to send a transcript from the college where the courses were actually taken?

A: Yes. PTCAS requires an official transcript from every regionally accredited United States institution you have attended.

Q: How long does it take for my transcript to be matched to my application, once it arrives?

A: It can take up to 10 business days for PTCAS to show a transcript as received. Your college or university Registrar’s office may take several days or weeks to process your transcript request once you submit it. PTCAS is not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or for delays caused by the Registrar’s Office. Sending your transcripts or other documents via overnight or express delivery will NOT expedite their processing once they arrive at PTCAS. PTCAS cannot guarantee the receipt of any mailed items, regardless of the method of delivery.

Q: Will PTCAS send my transcripts to my designated programs?

A: PTCAS will display images of your official transcripts to your designated programs(s), but will not forward original or photocopied transcripts. Your official transcripts are used in the processing of your application and remain at PTCAS. If your designated program(s) also requests an official transcript, then you will need to comply with the request.

Q: Will PTCAS send my foreign transcript or other documents to a Foreign Transcript Evaluation service, a non-participating school, or any other establishment?

A: No. Any documents received by PTCAS will be used for verification purposes and subsequently archived. PTCAS is not authorized to distribute any applicant documents for any purpose except the initial application to a participating PT program. PTCAS cannot make exceptions to this policy under any circumstances.

Q: Where do I send my technical/vocational transcripts?

A: Do NOT send technical/vocational transcripts to PTCAS. Contact your designated PT programs directly to determine if they want to receive your technical/vocational transcripts.

Q: What is considered a technical/vocational school?

A: A technical/vocational school is a private postsecondary institution that provides professional and technical, career-specific educational programs. The schools’ education delivery focuses on providing job-specific training, not a broad, liberal arts education. For example, a school offering certification in massage therapy would be considered technical/vocational. Technical/vocational schools are often not regionally accredited, and should not be included in your PTCAS application.

Q: What do I do if I cannot obtain a transcript due to financial obligations to one of my former institutions?

A: PTCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to an applicant’s financial obligations to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a college or university due to other extenuating circumstances must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PTCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.