United States Transcripts

Arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from EVERY United States and Canadian college and university you attended. PTCAS will not verify or forward your application until all official United States transcripts, application, and correct fee are received.

See also Foreign Transcripts, Upcoming Fall Transcripts, and Coursework


The Transcript Matching Form helps PTCAS to quickly and properly match your official transcripts to your application. If the form is not enclosed with your official transcript, then your application may be delayed in processing.

  • Complete the “Institutions Attended” section first by listing EVERY institution you attended.
  • Print the Transcript Matching Form (PDF) for each United States and Canadian institution you attended.
  • Each PTCAS Transcript Matching Form is unique to you and each institution.
  • Complete each form, including any former or alternate names (e.g., maiden)
  • Arrange for your official transcripts to be sent from the registrar to PTCAS with the form enclosed.
  • If grades for multiple branches or campuses of an institution appear on one transcript, enter all of these institutions in the “Institutions Attended” section. It is not necessary to send a transcript matching form for each campus.


  • Student-issued transcripts are NOT accepted.
  • An official transcript is required from the institution where the course was actually taken.
    • Submit transcript to PTCAS even if the course was later accepted as transfer credit by another institution.
    • You are only required to send transcripts covering all of your completed coursework. PTCAS does NOT require transcripts for coursework labeled as “planned/in-progress.”
  • Official transcripts should arrive at PTCAS by the program’s deadline.
    • PT programs may not consider applications with late transcripts.
    • PTCAS does NOT enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your verified application to your designated PT programs even if your transcripts are delayed.
    • Do NOT request electronic transcripts to be sent to PTCAS.  Only paper transcripts are accepted.
  • Use a student-issued transcript to properly enter courses.
    • Do NOT use your course record, course schedule, or memory to complete the Coursework section because they may differ from your transcript.
    • If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
    • PTCAS is not responsible for missed deadlines due to failure to correctly enter coursework or to resubmit the corrected application in a timely manner.
  • Send only one transcript for each institution you attended.

    • Only one official copy is required, regardless of the number of programs you designate.
  • You will receive an email after each transcript is received.
    • It is your responsibility to verify that PTCAS received all of your official United States transcripts.
    • To check the status of your transcripts, log into your application, and click “Transcripts” in the “Status” menu on the right side of the application checklist

PTCAS now accepts transcripts sent electronically from Credentials Solutions. To see if your school participates with this service please check this link;


If your school does participate please follow the link below:


Please note: PTCAS will not accept any other form of electronic transcripts other than transcripts sent from Credentials Solutions. If you do not see your school listed on the credentials solutions website above you are required to have your official transcript mailed to PTCAS. Once your transcript has been requested from Credentials Solutions it will take 7-10 business days to post to your application. Important note: utilizing this service will under no circumstance expedite the processing of transcripts. If you do not see your transcript posted to your application within the allotted 10 business days after it was requested please contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed.


Read instructions on how to submit your updated fall grades and transcripts to PTCAS during the Academic Update.


Arrange for your winter, spring, and summer term 2017 transcripts to be sent directly to your designated PT institutions, as required. Do NOT send to PTCAS.


The PTCAS GPAs only include courses completed at United States institutions recognized by one or more of the accreditation agencies below. If you attended an institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT submit the transcript to PTCAS or list the school in your application. Contact your designated PT programs directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-accredited institutions to be sent directly to the PT program.

  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
  • Association of Theological Schools in the United States (ATS)


If you accept an offer of admission to a PT degree program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every college/university you have attended directly to the PT program prior to matriculation. PTCAS cannot forward transcripts to a PT program to fulfill this institutional requirement.



Do not list any military courses completed or credits received. Forward the transcripts that contain military credits or are official military transcripts to your designated PT programs, if requested. PT program policies vary. Please contact the institutions directly if you have any questions.



PTCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to an applicant’s financial obligations to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from an institution due to other extenuating circumstances must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PTCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.



If you participated in a “study (education) abroad” program under the auspices of a United States institution and the international course work appears on the United States transcript as regular itemized credit, only list the  institution on your PTCAS application. Do not list the international (foreign) institution. Arrange only for  the United States transcript to be sent to PTCAS. PTCAS will process study-abroad course work in the same manner as other United States coursework. If your study abroad coursework appears as transfer credit from a foreign institution on your United States  institution’s transcript, follow the foreign transcript requirements.



PTCAS recognizes “overseas United States institutions” that:

  • are located outside United States borders,
  • are regionally accredited, and
  • use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation.

If you attended an overseas United States institution, report it to PTCAS in the same manner as your US institutions by sending an official transcript to PTCAS and listing all coursework on your PTCAS application. United States institutions with campuses overseas (eg, the University of Maryland at Munich) are also considered United States colleges for which transcripts are required and all course work must be listed. Please note that the list of overseas institutions is not all-inclusive. Contact PTCAS if you have questions.



The service will investigate and report applicants suspected of submitting false or fraudulent information. If any misrepresentation in data is suspected by or reported to PTCAS, the applicant will be notified and relevant information will be requested. If misrepresentation in data is confirmed, PTCAS will notify the PT programs to which the applicant has applied. In addition, on a case-by-case basis, PTCAS reserves the right to notify all PT programs participating in the service.